ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Thoughts SOME THOUGHTS ON DEVON DOTSON

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com

Devon Dotson, the 6-foot-2, 185-pound point guard from Charlotte, N.C., has decided to test the NBA waters. While Dotson plans to hire an agent, the option to return to Kansas next season very much in play.

When I left the house with my son earlier today, I absolutely didn't expect this news to break. However, the fact that Devon has decided to test the NBA waters and hire an agent, when considering it's an option everybody at this level has, shouldn't come as a surprise.

Dotson is going to take advantage of the opportunity that's in-front of him, gather all of the necessary information and, when all is said and done, will make an informed decision. Seriously, unless he just blows the NBA people out of the water and dominates the drills and competition, I would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't return next season.

Seriously, and I have a very difficult time reading the minds of 17, 18, 19, and 20 year olds, but I know Dotson and his family well enough to know that they will, without question, make the very best decision when that time comes.

I've got no idea what the future holds for certain, but again, I would be shocked if Devon Dotson isn't running the point guard for Kansas next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News