ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Thoughts: Some changes to the percentages

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Yesterday I had a thread with the percentages of the remaining recruits POSTED HERE

I have a couple updates from the current board I posted yesterday.

Probably the biggest move for now is I am dropping Gabe Daniels under 50%. I said before the visit Syracuse did a really job with Daniels and his family. Usually in recruiting when there is a visit that far removed the trends are it is tougher to land that recruit. Daniels visited Syracuse on the May 31 weekend. That normally bodes well for KU getting the last visit. But I heard some things last night that make me believe there could be some momentum for Syracuse right now. Daniels was considered a lock to North Carolina State. Most believed he would visit and commit but after NCSU had their first visit weekend they picked up a commit from a taller WR and dropped Daniels. That left Syracuse and KU as the two main players. KU offered Daniels and set him on an OV before Syracuse. There is still some time to go, but things could be taking a turn to the other direction from what I heard.

Yesterday was very slow in terms of hearing much. A lot of recruits aren't going to announce until next week, but I still hear what they are telling coaching staffs at different schools. The one recruit I did hear some positive things on is Tylon Lee. I heard KU is very much in the mix for him and could have as good a shot at landing him as the team's remaining. I will be honest I always thought he was a longshot. But Lee would be huge if Taiwo Onatolu could pull him in. I know on many of his official visits his brothers went with him on the trips because his parents had to work. I have heard staying close to home could still be a factor because of being so close with his brothers. The fact he is still talking with the KU staff every day is a positive sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News