ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Thoughts and Info: Saturday, June 29

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I had a lot of contact with people last night and heard more information in a few hours than I had in a couple days. A lot of of what I heard wasn't trending in the right direction.

Gabe Daniels will announce tonight and I say it is a coin flip with the slightest edge going Syracuse's way. When I first released the percentages earlier in the week Daniels was the best chance to get a commitment of the 13 players remaining on the board.

Bryson Williams called me last night and said KU is still in the mix and he talks with Chris Simpson every day. This one is tough to read because Pitt is still in the picture. They want him as a LB and only have one committed and are hoping to take two. I'm not changing the percentages with Williams but KU has a shot.

I had Muizz Tounkara at 40% and I am dropping that down to 20%. I heard some info late yesterday that Arizona is now the clear front-runner to land him.

I had Jordan Fields at 35% and I am dropping him to 10%. I now believe it is likely he is headed to Pitt. I just talked with him a couple days ago and he sounded like KU was very much in it, but based off what I heard my percentages have changed.

I am also dropping Tylon Lee down to 10%. I know he had a great time on his visit with his younger brothers. But I have been told with his family situation he wants to stay closer to home. I think Lee is going to be a tough get and likely headed to UCF or Miami.

From my last update posted this week off the board are Andrew Williams and Brock Heath. Trending the wrong are Tounkara, Fields, and Lee.

I think it is going to be a challenge to land LaRue Zamorano, Tavian McNair and Evan Haynes are wide receiver but there is no info that anything has changed since my last update.

Linkon Cure will announce on July 1st, but I just haven't had a good feel even though Jeff Grimes did a great job with him since joining the staff. I will say that I don't have any concrete information on where he is leaning I'm just basing on my thoughts. Crazier things have happened.

The most realistic recruits who remain in my opinion are Isaiah Mozee, Bryson Williams, and Nigel Pringle. I think Pringle is waiting to see where Arkansas goes. Mozee doesn't have to anything publicly, so we may never know what he's thinking. From what I hear if he decides to decommit KU is the leader. Evan Haynes is talking about waiting until his birthday on in early August, but I think college coaches will want to know before then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News