ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Quick update on a few recruits

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I heard this morning that Gabe Daniels told coaching staffs at KU and Syracuse that he has not yet made a decision. He is still looking over the official visits to both places and talking with his parents.

I think KU will remain in a patient waiting game on Bryson Williams and Nigel Pringle. I know Williams is waiting on Michigan State and Pringle is doing the same with Arkansas.

In a perfect world there is a way both could end up at KU especially if Jonathan Cunningham decides to go to Texas. That would open up a spot for Williams as a hybrid position.

There is some thought in the recruiting world that Tavian McNair is a slight lean to Utah and Muizz Tounkara is a slight lean to Arizona.

Based on the competition the best chance right now to get a receiver is beating out Syracuse for Daniels.

Then there is Isaiah Mozee who really doesn't have to say anything publicly. On paper he is committed to Oregon but if he is considering choosing another school he won't admit that publicly. He will just do it. One source told me they think it will come down to KU and Oregon. He will keep his spot on the Oregon commitment board and if he decides he wants to do something else then he can simply just make the change.

Not hearing anything new on the OL side with Andrew Williams or Jordan Fields. I do get the feel the staff thinks they are down the list for Brock Heath.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.