ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update GRADEY DICK AND BRYSON WARREN

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Gradey Dick, the 6-foot-7, 195-pound small forward from Sunrise Christian Academy, and Bryson Warren, the 6-foot-2, 160-pound point guard from North Little Rock (AR) High School (making the move to Link Year in Branson, Mo.) were both in Lawrence this past weekend to spend some quality time on campus. Dick, the No. 37 ranked player in the 2022 class, is no stranger to the University of Kansas or its men's basketball program. Two siblings have graduated from Kansas, while a third currently attends Kansas. Dick has always been a fan of Kansas and he will keep the family tradition of attending Kansas alive, as he verbally committed to Self and the Jayhawks back on March 3, 2021.

While Dick has been on campus a number of times, he was able to spend an extended period of time in Lawrence this weekend for his official visit. On Sunday night, Dick sent me a text message with a quick update on his visit.

"The visit was great and just getting back on campus was fun," said Dick. "CB (Christian Braun) took me around. Since I've been to Kansas a couple of times before, the visit was more for my family and the coaching staff and team to get back together and visit again. Coach Self was great to talk to and find out things I can work out on my own."

Dick, who was one of the top performers at Pangos last week, plans to return to campus for Late Night in the Phog. Chances are he will be behind KU's bench on a number of occasions this season.

Warren, not surprisingly, isn't nearly as familiar with the Kansas campus as Dick, but that will likely come with time. Warren, a member of the 2023 class, was just recently extended a scholarship offer from Kansas. Late last week, Warren decided to take an unofficial visit to Kansas on Sunday and was quite impressed.

"It was a great visit and great facilities," said Warren. "I had a great time. I had a great time talking with Coach Case, Coach Townsend, Coach Roberts, Coach Q, and Coach Self. Coach Self told me that I have some things in my game you can't team and he loves coaching those types of guys. All around it was a great experience and they said they would love to have me back."

Kansas, Alcorn State, Arkansas, Auburn, George Mason, Georgetown, Maryland, Kansas State, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts, Seton Hall, St. John's, TCU, Tenessee, Tennessee State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, and Virginia Tech are just some of the programs that have extended scholarship offers to Warren.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.