Amazon pulls out of NYC

Discussion in 'The Slant Political Board' started by nick77, Feb 14, 2019.

1. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

True or False: I want just a ONE word reply from you in the form of 'True' or 'False':

Capital grants were offered from the taxpayers of NY to Amazon, a company that earned $11B in profits last year and paid $0 in taxes, to subsidize the construction. True or False.

2. jt212713

jt212713 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My bad. Was board a plane and must have hit reply before completing the post. Multitasking got me!! Ha

3. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

True or False, see my question above.

4. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

5. jt212713

jt212713 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

These kids are lecturing Feinstein on the green new deal because we only have 12 years left. This is AOc’s handiwork. She’s an idiot with a microphone and a following.

6. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I know it's been concluded that in 12 years we are facing irreversible and permanent damage if we carry on as usual.

I don't think she said the world was going to end in 12 years.

Do you really think she has a low intelligence? I know we've posted her CV on here more than once.

7. jt212713

jt212713 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

She’s Sara Palin.

8. floydmaster

floydmaster All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

She’s not. You just need to claim that because Sarah Palin is a moron that supports your economic agenda.

9. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You have to be joking. You can't - you just can't honestly believe that.

Here's SP's education background:

After graduating from high school in 1982, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.[26] Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin transferred to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then to North Idaho College, a community college in Coeur d'Alene, for the spring and fall semesters of 1983.[27] She enrolled at the University of Idaho in Moscow for an academic year starting in August 1984 and then attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in January 1986 and received her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in May 1987.[27][28][29][30]

Here is AOC's:

Ocasio-Cortez attended Yorktown High School, graduating in 2007.[20] She won second prize in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair with a microbiology research project on the effect of antioxidants on the lifespan of the nematode C. elegans.[21] In a show of appreciation for her efforts, the International Astronomical Union named a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez.[22][23] In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute's Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a John F. Lopez Fellowship.[24] In 2008, while Ocasio-Cortez was a sophomore at Boston University, her father died of lung cancer.[25][26] During college, she served as an intern in the immigration office during the final year of U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy's tenure.[27]

She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics.[24][28][29]

When her father died intestate in 2008,[30] she became involved in a long probate battle to settle his estate. She has said that the experience helped her learn "firsthand how attorneys appointed by the court to administer an estate can enrich themselves at the expense of the families struggling to make sense of the bureaucracy."[31]

---

Sara Palin would not be capable of any of those accomplishments. My dude, she couldn't even explain what the role of VP does.

You can call her policies 'dumb' if you want, we'd disagree with you but we wouldn't be questioning your sense of coherent reasoning and logic.

10. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to point out Feinstein gets a lot of money from the energy sector . She's literally paid to refute and obstruct any environmental friendly policy that hurts her benefactors. She's on the payroll.

Another reason why people like Bernie and AOC: they are beholden to no one. They are people powered and don't have any corporation, industry, or lobbyist behind the curtains speaking for them.

11. jt212713

jt212713 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you guys know more about this than the State budget Director?

inthephog likes this.
  12. snoodmonger

snoodmonger Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

jt is shitting his pants and I'm loving it. He knows he's an intellectual mosquito compared to AOC. He's desperately refreshing libertarian.com for some sort of rebuttal.

13. jt212713

jt212713 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow. That was really clever. Been working on that one all day?

14. snoodmonger

snoodmonger Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

nah, baby, that was off the top of the dome.

15. inthephog

inthephog Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic read on this.

"Incredibly, I have heard city and state elected officials who were opponents of the project claim that Amazon was getting $3 billion in government subsidies that could have been better spent on housing or transportation. This is either a blatant untruth or fundamental ignorance of basic math by a group of elected officials. The city and state 'gave' Amazon nothing. Amazon was to build their headquarters with union jobs and pay the city and state $27 billion in revenues. The city, through existing as-of-right tax credits, and the state through Excelsior Tax credits - a program approved by the same legislators railing against it - would provide up to $3 billion in tax relief, IF Amazon created the 25,000-40,000 jobs and thus generated $27 billion in revenue. You don't need to be the State's Budget Director to know that a nine to one return on your investment is a winner."

jt212713 likes this.
  16. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You seriously are the biggest idiot on the internet. Just of shit show of incorrect opinions. I've met weasels like you in business. Think they know what is right, but are so absolutely wrong it's breathtaking.

People in the middle and right, why do you engage any of the liberal dipshits on this site? Nothing is accomplished, but wasting your time on these fools. Stop engaging them. Let them have their own circle jerks. Eventually they will get bored and move on, and this board will be much better for it. All you do is bang your head up against the wall, get frustrated, and that's about it.
    Floyd, Hill, etc. are wastes of space.

17. AZ j-hawk

AZ j-hawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Just saying ...

18. floydmaster

floydmaster All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

!hawk! likes this.
  19. floydmaster

floydmaster All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He has a lot of trouble socializing with other adults. Most of his posts are personal insults, and he also frequently threatens others with violence. I think he gets frustrated when he can't discuss about the actual topic at hand, so he lashes out to get attention.

I hope he's able to get help and find some peace.

20. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You have some issues guy. Typical Floyd.

21. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Now this is rich and funny! I would put my social life up against yours any day of the week little man. Odd that you seem to be communicating about yourself. You have a few minion types who support you, but most on this site take you for what you are. I will let you fill in the blank genius.

22. AZ j-hawk

AZ j-hawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you copy and paste posts in different forums? I swear I've read similar shit like this on Slant and Memorial.

23. snoodmonger

snoodmonger Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

24. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

The best thing for Nipro is simply ignore him. I clicked ignore a few months ago and haven't felt like I'm missing much.

25. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Never, but if you’re a fan I certainly can do more of it.

I love how the little girls are all coming to save Floyd. It made my ****ing day! Keep it up boys.

26. AZ j-hawk

AZ j-hawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He must be an absolute nightmare to be around in person. No way can someone simply turn on/off that faucet of hate and anger.

27. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

28. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Love the strategy boys. Keep it up! Typical playbook.

29. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one who believes it’s odd that Hill, Snoody, AZ, and Floyd seem to spend hours on the Slant’s politics board together writing 1,000 word responses to each other? Every once in a blue moon, they move in a gaggle to the b-ball board to provide team responses to specific threads. Creepy, right? Are they the same person with 5 handles? Or do they just enjoy each other’s company, a lot?

Interesting group.

1lvhawk likes this.
  30. 1lvhawk

1lvhawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'd much rather hang with a hate-filled hypocrite who admits to posting a photo of a poster he hates due to political differences.
    Seriously, you really did that to brad?
    There are dick moves and there are DICK MOVES.

If true, and I'm pretty sure you not only admitted to it but issued a weak ass apology, before you doubled down, you sir would be the first Slant poster in history I would be in support of banning.
    That's a line YOU DO NOT CROSS!

After a POS move like that, you don't deserve the right of posting on the Slant, nor should you be afforded the luxury of reading any future brad posts.

31. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

1, AZ is what he is. He wonders if I can turn off this hate and rage (funny stuff) when I leave the slant. Absolutely, but when I’m on the Slant and see the moronic shit he and his buddies spew it does piss me off a little. These guys are useless in my opinion. They are hard line semi-whackos who won’t even entertain an opposing opinion. Their obsession with President borders on crazy.

People surrounding me in real life are total opposites of these knuckleheads, even the Liberal Dem’s in my neighborhood up here in Boston. They act nothing like these guys.

1lvhawk likes this.
  32. snoodmonger

snoodmonger Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one who is 100% sure Nipro has a woman chained up in his basement?

33. !hawk!

!hawk! All-Conference
    Expand Collapse

Nipro’s never had a woman.

34. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I would compare my history with yours any day of the week and easily come out on top. I imagine your “girlfriend” is Floyd. I mistakenly thought he was a guy, but now realize he is a she.

35. cornstalk

cornstalk Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I was listening to news tonight it said Cuomo wrote full page ad asking Amazon to reconsider and come to New York, he must not think AOC is so smart, I do

36. cornstalk

cornstalk Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think Cuomo is smart, not AOC

37. floydmaster

floydmaster All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh Nipro, bless your heart. It’ll be ok.

38. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yep, it certainly will. I will call you out when I have time to do it. You’re a smug asshole. Anyone with a brain should not attempt to engage you in a serious conversation. It’s a waste of time. I will just tell it like it is fool.

39. floydmaster

floydmaster All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nipro, if you can’t discuss the topic at hand, please refrain from posting. Your personal insults get old, and don’t reflect well on your character.

And seriously, if you need someone to talk to you, there are resources available.

40. Nipro

Nipro Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Floyd, Why discuss it? Reading your endless threads on numerous topics, and not once have you conceded you’re wrong, and you are wrong 75% of the time. It’s like you, Hill, Zona, !, etc. have absolutely nothing else in your lives but this silliness.

I don’t get 2001. He continuously bashes his head against the wall trying to communicate with you knuckleheads in a respectful manner, but when you have lost the argument you and your little buddies revert to your old standby, racism.

People like you shouldn’t be listened to, taken seriously, or engaged in a serious discussion. You have one agenda, and that’s protecting your sides political viability. That’s it! You don’t give it shit for people in this county, or the people trying to come her illegally. You don’t believe in what this country is and what it stands for. You and your type will be the destruction of this country if left unchecked.

knaup1 likes this.