ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update What KU's 2024 recruiting class could potentially look like

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
With Flory Bidunga, the 6-foot-9, 220-pound center from Kokomo (IN) High School already on board, Kansas has a chance to make a splash with its 2024 class. Bidunga recently picked Kansas over Duke, Auburn, and Michigan. The five-star prospect is the best big man in the 2024 class and one of the top overall prospects. He can run the floor, defend, rebound, block shots and score.

While no date has been officially set yet, I'm guessing Late Night in the Phog, Kansas is expected to receive a visit from Cooper Flagg, the 6-foot-8, 195-pound small forward from Motverde (FL) Academy. Flagg, the No. 1 ranked player in the 2024 class, is expected to visit Kansas, Duke, and UCONN in the near future. There was a time when it looked like Duke was the overwhelming team to beat for Flagg, but I can tell you that Kansas, from what I've been told, is a serious player here. Flagg is going to play one year of college basketball, and my guess is he's going to shine.

Not long ago, there was a time when it looked like Kansas was trailing for Jalil Betha, the 6-foot-4, 175-pound point guard from Archbishop Wood Catholic in Warminster, Pa. However, Kansas has emerged as a serious contender for the No. 17 ranked player in the 2024 class. Currently, Bethea is scheduled to officially visit Kansas beginning on August 31. There's no doubt in my mind that Cooper Flagg is the top priority for Kansas, but I also firmly believe that Bethea, the No. 3 ranked point guard in the class, is very much a high priority for Bill Self and his staff. Kansas will have every opportunity to roll out the red carpet for Bethea next week.

I kind of get the feeling that Kansas will try to sign two big men in this class, and the one name I continue to hear good things about is Emmanuel Stephen, the 7-foot-0, 215-pound center from Dream City Christian in Glendale, Ariz. The No. 119 ranked player in the class, Stephen made a name for himself this spring and summer on the AAU Circuit. He's big, strong, athletic, and can block shots. He would be another rim protector for Kansas and wouldn't necessarily have to come in and make an impact right away. This is a name to keep an eye on for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News