ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update VISIT TO KU IN THE WORKS FOR FIVE-STAR SF LOUIS KING?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
jkciagzaboj0rtf73hrb

Hey all,

It’s safe to say that Louis King is one of the most coveted prospects in the 2018 class. King, the 6-foot-7, 195-pound small forward from Hudson Catholic in Columbus, N.J., is being heavily recruited by some of the nation’s top college basketball programs, including the likes of Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Oregon, UCLA and others.

For King, the No. 17 ranked player in the 2017 class, the next step in his recruitment, next to the process of making a final decision, might be the most important. With his senior year at Hudson Catholic in Columbus, N.J., approaching, King, a five-star prospect, plans to narrow is list of schools and, with the help of his family, will begin the process of scheduling official visits.

According to King, Kansas, NC State, Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Oregon, Miami and Indiana have all been actively pursuing him. Furthermore, in a recent interview with TheWolfpacker.com, King said he is pondering the idea of waiting until April 2018 to decide.

While much remains unknown when it comes to King and his recruitment, at least one thing is clear: King, one of the nation’s top prospects in the 2018 class, plans to officially visit Kansas in the future.

“That is correct. I do plan to take a visit to Kansas, but I just don’t know when that visit will happen yet,” said King. “Myself and my parents will sit down after skills academy and decide when we will visit schools. We will also be cutting my list down at that time.”

Obviously, Bill Self and his staff would welcome Louis King with open arms if he ultimately decides that Kansas is the best fit. King, an elite small forward is long, athletic, can score from all three levels and can defend multiple positions.

At the beginning of July, almost exactly one month ago, the Rivals.com basketball recruiting team of Eric Bossi, Corey Evans, Dan McDonald and Krysten Peek gave predictions on how they see the recruitments of each remaining class of 2018 five-star prospect unfolding.

JayhawkSlant.com is here to provide you with a breakdown of that list, which includes Louis King.

No. 8 Moses Brown: 7-foot-0, 225-pound center from Archbishop Molloy in Queens, N.Y. (Eric Bossi picked Kansas for Brown).

No. 17 Louis King: 6-foot-7, 195-pound small forward from Hudson Catholic in Columbus, N.Y. (Krysten Peek picked Kansas for King).

No. 18 Emmitt Williams: 6-foot-7, 205-pound power forward from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. (Dan McDonald picked Kansas for Williams).

No. 21 Quentin Grimes: 6-foot-5, 180-pound shooting guard from College Park High School in The Woodlands, Texas (Eric Bossi, Corey Evans, Dan McDonald and Krysten Peek all picked Kansas for Grimes).

Kansas, without question, is a big-time player for Louis King.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News