ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update The latest where things stand: Sunday, June 16th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Josiah Hammond had a good visit from everything I hear. Now the challenge for the coaching staff will be getting him to possibly drop his visit to Washington. I do think KU is very much in the mix with him and has a good chance. Panagos has done a great job recruiting him.

KU is still searching for a CB and everything may go through Kansas State. Two of their top targets on the board visited Manhattan this weekend in Serious Stinyard and JoJo Scott. But Scott is off the board after committing to KSU early this morning. Stinyard told me the plan is still to take a midweek visit to Kansas.

I haven't heard much on LaRue Zamorano's visit but I know before the trip KU was a serious player. I really think it comes down to what USC does with him.

There are still several recruits out there who are in play but it is too early to tell how things could play out. Evan Haynes liked his visit but told me this weekend the plan is to visit Harvard and Colorado. I haven't heard much on Isaiah Mozee.

I think the staff may try to do an OV with Tate Nagy from BV West at wide receiver. He camped at KU. He plays QB in high school but the staff liked him at WR.

An OL still on the board is Justin Bell. I just spoke with him and he will visit this weekend. He's a big fan of Agpalsa.

It doesn't sound like Jonathan Cunningham committed to Texas on his visit. He has KU set for some time but there are rumblings Missouri is trying to bump KU from the visit. I am asking around to see if I can get the latest info.

There is going to be a lot to sort out over the next 24-48 hours and how things shape up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News