ADVERTISEMENT

Tate Nagy, Again

HawkRanger

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2011
Since the other threads have gotten stale, I will start a new thread that might attract a little more attention. A few on here have questioned KU’s recruitment of this kid. I don’t know how he will develop but I talked today with a pretty prominent KU friend and grad whose judgement I trust. He had met Nagy and his dad at an event not associated with KU football. He was. very impressed with Tate and his father. Mature, impressive enthusiastic personality, shown by Tate. Apparently Tate was very impressive as a wide receiver at TCU and KU camps even though he had just taken up the position. My friend heard other people familiar with Tate mention his basketball and baseball skills and leadership qualities. Tate is obviously very athletic. He is not very big but will grow physically. My friend was very impressed by his father. I feel like this kid could be a real sleeper, is a Kansas kid that we need more of and may help local recruiting. The association with the Chiefs organization sure can’t hurt. KU football now has ties to two pro organizations. When two prominent pro football fathers send their sons to KU, that speaks well of Lance and KU. This could be a good recruit in more ways than one!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News