ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Saturday: Some quick thoughts on the weekend

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I mentioned in another thread that Tate Nagy's father, Matt and his mother are on the official visit with him. I feel good about Nagy leaving a Jayhawk.

I added a late visitor to the official visit last night with the addition of cornerback Nigel Pringle. He picked up a late offer last week from DK McDonald. He took an official visit to Arkansas, but hearing they are taking it slow with him. Pringle told me he visited Louisiana Tech earlier this month. It could come down to a KU/La Tech battle depending on how KU handles that spot.

I get the feel Darrion Jones will get the fullcourt press from the staff on the visit. I think they have given Bryson Williams enough time and it might be a tough get with Michigan State still going after him.

I am talking with people who cover Iowa because Brad Fitzgibbon is still on the board and it is unclear how Iowa will go with their DL this weekend. Iowa has a unique visit philosophy. They bring all their summer officials in for the last weekend possible, so it is one big weekend.

The waiting game will be on for Evan Haynes. He did speak with the KU track/sprinting staff this week. He came off his Harvard visit and is now in Boulder. I know the track part is important and KU has done their part to get track involved just like they did with Bryce Foster.

They also play the waiting game with Andrew Williams and Jordan Fields. William did a midweek visit and then flew to BYU with his family. His mom and dad attended BYU so we have to see how it will go. I am told he is not a lock to BYU. One person told me last week they believe BYU is the leader but I don't think that is true. Fields told me he had a good visit but he has a lot of options. We have to wait and see how the Houston visit goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.