ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update: Tuesday, May 14th- OL plans to visit

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Had a chance to speak with Bryce Foster last night and he said he is not going to give out a lot of information on his recruiting. He plans to keep a lot of it close to the vest and will not talk with a lot of media.

He told me he plans to visit Kansas and said he is looking forward to it because he has never been to the area.

Foster said he is down to KU and "two other schools are in the running." I know one of the schools is likely Oregon because a source told me yesterday that is where he is planning to visit this weekend.

I am assuming Foster would visit KU around the June 1 timeline or whenever his track season ends. The regional will be at the University of Arkansas starting next week. The shot put will take place on Wednesday night. Foster will know by midnight whether he will advance to nationals. If not, he could use that weekend to visit.

A decision will likely come fast after his visit to Kansas because he would need to be on campus somewhere early June. The former five-star recruit started for three season at A&M. In 2021 he was a Freshman All-American.

-------------

Juju Marks told me last night he is locked in and confirmed for June 7. He did not give out much info where else he could visit. There have been some rumblings in the past couple weeks that some schools on his list may not set up a visit. That will be interesting to see. In the end this might come down to a KU/MU battle. He was previously committed to Missouri.

------------

After you talk a recruit a few times you can get a good idea how they view schools. And then sometimes you totally miss.

I missed and so did others on Trey Boyd. He took an unofficial visit to Kansas last month and he liked it. He told me he was excited to make the return trip for an official visit in June. I talked to him another time after that and I would have said KU is the leader.

I was shocked yesterday to see him commit to Northwestern. Boyd was the next OL I felt has the best chance to commit after Anderson Kopp. As far as official visitors go, that leaves Marks and likely Brock Heath as the only OL on the list.

I think they could go with 2-3 high school OL and then look to the portal. Agpalsa is one the road and I expect to see another high school OL to land on the visit list soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News