ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update- Thurs, Jan. 12- 9:05 a.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
UPDATE: Just a few minutes ago they have offered Patrick Joyner Jr from Utah State at DE.

Joyner went in the portal about 45 minutes ago and is already picking up several offers.

------------------
I believe the staff has a final few players they are looking at for a late visit but nothing has been set in stone.

From things I heard this morning if they look for a defensive end I don't think it happens until after spring football and the next portal cycle unless something comes up very late. They could also see if late juco players develop like they did with Davion Westmoreland. The pool is so small right now and I don't think the staff will use a spot just to use one. They will be patient and find the right fit.

I believe they are looking at a pool of players at CB, WR, RB and OL to use for the final couple spots remaining. I think if they can find a couple players to fill out the last spots they will get the best available.

In all, the 2023 class is really coming to a close in the early recruiting period. I say early period because I think there will be another small wave in the spring. And we don't know what KU players could enter the portal opening up spots.

This weekend they will host juniors for a Junior Day. I think there will be one more Junior Day. I have around 10 names I am tracking for that and will have more later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News