ADVERTISEMENT

Who redshirts on this team?

Chevelle84

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2012
Once again I think we'll see fierce competition for those top 8-9 spots which by February is all that will play. Typically the top 7 get 95% of the minutes by then so it's reasonable to expect we see a redshirt or two like most seasons.

I think we all see the possibility of maybe a guy like Zuby redshirting but beyond that it gets unclear because guys like Cam and Cuffe just came off redshirting so they can't. Plus, you know our Freshman McDonald's All Americans will not.

So outside of Zuby the only other candidates I could possibly see is whoever doesn't win the backup PG spot between Yesufu or BP. I highly doubt Adams redshirts unless Zuby comes in as a freshman and was clearly better but I just don't see that happening.

So my money is on Zuby possibly redshirting. It's hard to envision Yes or BP redshirting except for the fact that we have our clear starter at PG in Harris and if we play like we did last year we really would only have significant PT for one backup PG. If we play a lot with two small guards then that probably means MJ is playing a lot less and then both Yes and BP could get decent PT.

If I had to pick one surprise candidate for RS it would be BP so he could get healthy and save a year of eligibility. I think he's got a ton of potential but he will still likely be a 10-15 mpg guy max unless somehow ge takes the starting 2 guard spot..?

What do you guys think? Anyone redshirting this year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News