ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT MIGHT KU'S ROSTER LOOK LIKE NEXT SEASON?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

I've spent a little bit of time thinking about what KU's roster will likely look like next season. Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then, but here's what I'm thinking the roster will look like when Kansas takes the court next season.

Obviously, Udoka Azubuike has played his last game at Kansas. Yes, he has the ability to apply for a redshirt and return, but I'd be absolutely shocked and stunned if that happened in the future.

I also expect Devon Dotson to make the jump to the NBA at some point in the future. Dotson returned for his sophomore year knowing that this would likely be his final season in Lawrence. Again, I'd be stunned and shocked if he returns.

I've often wondered, at least to myself, if SIlvio De Sousa believes that he has a decision to make about his future before the start of next season. He arrived on campus as a five-star prospect with the highest of expectations, but things haven't played out at all like everybody, himself included, expected. Will De Sousa flirt with the idea of playing overseas next season? Truthfully, I've got no idea, but it's something I've thought about. At this point, I think he will return next year, but I'm not 100 percent certain of that, at least not at this time.

So, that leaves a roster of Marcus Garrett, Christian Braun, Dajuan Harris, Elijah Elliott, Jalen Wilson, Chris Teahan, Tristan Enaruna, Michael Jankovich, Ochai Agbaji, David McCormack, Mitch Lightfoot, and De Sousa (until I hear otherwise).

Then, you've got Bryce Thompson, Gethro Muscadin, Tyon Grant-Foster, and Latrell Jossell.

If my numbers are correct, that puts Kansas at exactly the limit of 13 scholarship players. Now, if a player, like De Sousa for example, decides to leave, the staff would have a spot to fill. However, until that time, this is what I expect KU's roster to look like next season.

Marcus Garrett
Chris Teahan
Silvio De Sousa
Mitch Lightfoot

Ochai Agbaji
David McCormack
Tyon Grant-Foster

Christian Braun
Jalen Wilson
Dajuan Harris
Elijah Elliott
Tristan Enaruna