ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly Recruiting Thread *** Update Wed 12/9 @ 10:37 a.m. ****

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
UPDATE Dec. 9 @ 10:37 a.m.

I was counting Jawon Hamilton out of it but it looks like Reggie Mitchell is still fighting. Mitchell was at the school today and it sounds like Hamilton will visit. I am waiting for Hamilton to give me more details but Jayhawks still hanging in this. Not looking like Mitchell is bowing out without a fight.

Calvin Thibodeaux checked in on DT Lorenzo Neal yesterday from St. Thomas in Houston. Neal was committed to Utah but back on the market. Oregon State, Purdue, and Tulsa are also coming back on him.

A new name to follow on the east coast. Mitchell was at DeMatha High in Baltimore yesterday to visit with Brenton Nelson. Nelson could visit in January he hold offers from schools in the ACC, SEC, and Big 10.

UPDATE Dec. 6 @ 4:59 p.m.

Okay just my thoughts after talking more in-depth with Isi Holani and Stephan Robinson. Holani is tougher to read because while he has options I think he plays it closer to the vest. He is from Hawaii and hasn't been past California.

I think he was impressed with Kansas. I know he knew things from Chris Maumalanga who has helped Bowen with him. He said he really wanted to talk things over with his parents. He could visit KSU, Colorado State or Utah State wth his last visit.

Robinson I think it 50/50 on taking another visit. Iowa State just came in on him. Virginia Tech is now coming in on him. Tulsa just offered last week. He also said Utah State and Southern Miss are in the mix if he decides to take one. The thing that stood out to me was how he talked about how much his family and little brother liked it. Usually when recruits start going in depth how their family liked the visit that is a good thing.

Also of note Ryan Held the coach at NEO has been hired at UCF by Scott Frost. They are also on him now to visit.

Both recruits have one more visit weekend unless they take a mid week visit.

I said last week keep an eye on Jeremy Faulk DT from GCCC. He was the Defensive Player of the Year. He visited Baylor. I don't know if he committed or not. But a source at GCCC said they believe Bowen and Thibodeaux are supposed to visit with Faulk either today or Monday.

Will have more in quotes from recruits later.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News