ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on transfers

GCJayhawk10

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2005
Novitsky- Huge get. Plug and play starter at whatever position he ends at on the OL. Big time versatility. I think he would have been a guy that would have been drafted had he been eligible. Probably the most confident in a transfer as I’ve ever been at KU

Michael Ford- The only reason I’m not more excited about Ford is Novitsky still has me on cloud nine. Fuchs is proven and knows exactly what he wants and what he is getting with Ford. Exactly what you want in a tackle. Big frame, athletic, sat behind some really good players, and Fuchs has proven he can develop players. I’m not giving him the starting nod just yet over Cabeldue or Bostick but we should feel better about whomever wins the job.

Eddie Wilson- pretty big get. We desperately needed a DT, especially with the talk of moving to a 4-3. Proven guy who isn’t going to be an all league performer but should be very solid.

Rich Miller- LB was a position where we didn’t lose anyone other than Charmin Prox. I liked all the young players and Miller instantly adds a physical presence. Interested to see how well he moves. Trusting Borland on this one. Getting 4 years is huge.

Ron McGee - probably the guy I’m least excited about. Good size though and will provide needed depth. Not highly recruited coming out of juco. Again, trusting Borland here.

Trevor Wilson- I’m sneaky excited about Wilson. He’s a more polished Horne and I think he plays a lot. Not tall but well built dude that can fly. I think he gets a lot of snaps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News