ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update The latest info- Wednesday, Jan. 4

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
There isn't a lot going on that I can track down in terms of new news.

With Ky Thomas announcing he will enter the transfer portal I don't know how the staff will handle that spot. Traditionally Leipold and his staff keep their numbers balanced. So, if a running back leaves that spot will go to a running back. I don't know if they would take that spot and say "we have good depth at running back let's use it on another position." That's usually not how they handle it.

I know there has been contact between the staff with two players who went in the portal from Bowling Green. One is linebacker Darren Anders and the other is safety Jordan Anderson. I can't confirm if Anders has been offered but I believe he has. I will be in contact with them to see if they will visit. I know Anderson is starting to get a lot of action.

One player who was expected to visit for Jan. 13 is Isaiah Paul, a LB from Incarnate Word. There is starting to be some talk he may not make the visit. One source told me: "He is starting to get some other offers he likes better." I am monitoring the situation to see how it will play out.

The official visits can start today for all portal players and junior college players who are mid-year. I believe Daniel Grzesiak may start his visit to KU tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News