All-American
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2007
Power 5
West Virginia (A): Troy coach Neal Brown

Louisville (A): Appalachian State coach Scott Satterfield
Georgia Tech (A-): Temple coach Geoff Collins
Texas Tech (A-): Utah State coach Matt Wells

Kansas State (B+): North Dakota State coach Chris Klieman.

It puzzled me why K-State fans initially freaked out over the school hiring an FCS coach. First of all, Klieman wasn’t just any FCS coach, he went 69-6 and won four national championships in five years. The 51-year-old Iowa native also just feels like a good fit in Manhattan, where finding diamond-in-the-rough recruits and developing them is essential. I would have had slightly more confidence in Satterfield or Brown, but there’s a lot to like about Klieman, who has the unenviable task of succeeding K-State icon Bill Snyder.

Miami (B+): Former DC Manny Diaz
Ohio State (B+): OC Ryan Day
Colorado (B): Georgia DC Mel Tucker

Maryland (B-): Alabama OC Mike Locksley
North Carolina (C): ESPN analyst Mack Brown

Kansas (D): Dos Equis spokesman Les Miles.

I once gave Kansas an A for hiring Turner Gill (whoops) and an F for hiring Charlie Weis (accurate). Miles isn’t divisive and arrogant like Weis — if anything, he’s extremely upbeat and charismatic — but I fear his tenure could be nearly as disastrous. The 65-year-old Michigan Man failed to catch on to the evolution of college offenses at LSU and has given no indication he’s learned from his mistakes. He’s assembled a mostly underwhelming staff. Simply put, a national championship ring from 12 years ago isn’t going to turn around the Big 12’s worst program by itself.

Reactions: terkster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News