ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting & Walk ons

fathawk

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2003
I was watching K-State play a couple of weekends ago. I noticed a lot of the kids that were on the field were from Kansas and a lot of walk ons. We know K-State has struggled and I think this is the reason they have been. You can scheme as much as you want, but sometimes the other team just has better athletes then you. K-State has always had a couple of athletes that could help them win games. They don't have them this year. This may be the reason they have not won a bowl game against top ranked opponents.

What I am saying is we need to recruit Kansas and have a great walk on program. But at the end of the day you have to recruit outside of Kansas. I think Beaty and his staff will do this well with this aspect of recruiting. Yesterday was proof when we lined up against Oklahoma. I looked at my fellow season ticket holders and said we are small in every aspect to Oklahoma. Beaty and his staff will out recruit our in state rival. This should lead to better days ahead! I think we are going to rise again and they are on the decline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News