ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update: Wednesday, May 15th (Cure set to visit)

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
To start off the update the Jayhawks will get a visit from Linkon Cure, the state's top rated prospect and number two ranked tight end. Cure's brother, Leyton committed to the Jayhawks last week after entering the portal.

His visit schedule will be KU May 31, Texas A&M June 7, Oregon June 14 and KSU June 21.

----------

The KU coaches are all over the place this week. One stop has been in Michigan, where they do workouts together which is a great idea. High school programs will get together in one place and work out, so college coaches can see them.

Here are some of the areas I have tracked the staff this week:

Jim Panagos: Was in Atlanta and then went to Oklahoma

Chris Simpson: Michigan

Brian Borland: Was at the Lawrence schools earlier in the week

Jim Zebrowski: California

DK McDonald: Houston

Daryl Agpalsa: Michigan then to Houston

Jonathan Wallace: Houston

----------

I name I have been tracking and he doesn't talk much is Smith Orogbo, a DE from Houston Hastings. He said he has a date set with KU and he has been talking with Jonathan Wallace and Taiwo Onatolu.

Wallace has been recruiting him for a while. OU, Texas Tech and Missouri will get visits and he has already been to Arizona State. I think he will be a monster off the edge in college and could easily play at 6-foot-5, 255 pounds when he is in a college strength program.

I will have some more updates and some recruits I spoke with last night and more coming tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News