ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update: Thursday, May 30th: Foster confirmed, more intel

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Go ahead and put it in the books, the Bryce Foster visit has been confirmed.

Last night Foster told me he will fly into KCI and arrive around 4:00 in the afternoon. His family will be with him on the visit.

From what I gather he will visit Oregon next and make a decision. I have heard the KU track program is involved in the recruiting and will meet with him.

-----------

I gave a recent update on Juju Marks and late last night I heard some more info. There could be a trend going where other schools on his list are moving in a different direction or starting to fill their spots.

The last I heard is he had three visits set with KU, USC and UCF. I heard the USC visit has been pushed back and they have a couple other OL targets they are looking at.

That could mean as of right now, it becomes a battle between KU and UCF if that's all who is standing heading into June. I'm sure Jamar Mozee is involved for UCF since he knows the area. But KU has been on him the longest and he's visited several times.

If it comes down to KU and UCF, I like the Jayhawks chances.

-----------

In this update I want to focus on a key position in recruiting and that is wide receiver.

The staff plans to take three high school receivers since they lose several players. I also think they will save one or two spots and look to the portal later.

Terry Shelton already visited in April the weekend of the spring showcase. But he is going to take other visits, so that will be a waiting game. Carl Jenkins told me last night he will not be taking a visit to KU, so I will change that visit on the list. On June 7 Isaiah Mozee, Jalen Cooper and Muizz Tounkara will visit. We need to wait and see how Tounkara's visit goes with Wisconsin and how many total he will take. I think KU is in a good spot but it will still be a fight. I think landing Mozee is a tall order. Cooper is one I am watching closely because he liked Oklahoma State and they filled up in April. So, he might not wait around. For instance, let's say he likes his visit to KU. And he knows KU will not wait to take commitments he might jump

The WR position is one that is important because it is a big question mark moving forward after the top receivers leave the program after this season.

Davion Chandler is set for June 14 and Jackson Cook for June 19. There are going to be a lot of twists and turns and combinations they can go with. I can't come close to predicting the three they will get and if new names come to the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News