ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update: The latest on official visits, updated list

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I spent most of yesterday going over the official visit list and contacted 57 recruits to get updates on their visits dates and other info.

I have updated the visit list HERE

This is fluid and will change. There are new additions and some subtractions.

----------

Starting off with the info wrapping up the 2024 class.

There is now some info I am hearing that Bryce Foster could visit KU this coming weekend. The original plan was to visit Oregon two weeks ago, go through track regionals, and visit KU. But the Oregon visit ended up getting pushed back.

A source told me the plan over a week ago was to keep the visits in order of Oregon followed by Kansas. However, in the last few days that might have changed. The plan was to visit Kansas around the 30th or 31st (which would have been following the original Oregon visit). But Foster could keep that visit in place and be in Lawrence this weekend and Oregon the following week.

Foster isn't giving out much info as of late but I am hearing a visit to KU this weekend is likely.

---------

Darrion Jones tweeted out this week he was focused on three schools being KU, Miami and Ohio State. I made some calls and it doesn't sound like he has visits to any of those schools lined up. I don't know if that will change. At this time there is no visit set with Kansas.

---------

I had a chance to talk with Muizz Tounkara who is picking up a lot of steam on the recruiting trail. The wide receiver from Texas told me he really likes Terry Samuel and set a visit with KU for June 7th, which was his only open weekend.

He's someone who caught a lot of attention through spring football when coaches visited his school. He told me he had Colorado State set for June 7 but bumped them for KU. I think KU is very much in the mix and it will be interesting to follow him because a lot of schools tried to set him on a visit.

He will visit Wisconsin this week and end with SEC visits to Vanderbilt and Arkansas.

---------

Soren Shinofield has been added to the list. The OL from Cherry Creek HS in Colorado will visit Kansas June 21. He has offers from Iowa State, KU, Washington State, Utah and Pitt.

I am supposed to talk with him this weekend and will get a better idea where things stand.

--------

I just added Kenyon Rivera to the OV list for June 14. Taiwo Onatolu recruits the area and Chris Simpson joined as both KU staff members are talking with him.

The two schools on him the hardest are KU and Georgia Tech. But the word I get is GT rarely has success with recruits at Buford HS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News