Recruiting Update R.J. HAMPTON SETS KANSAS VISIT

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that R.J. Hampton, the 6-foot-4, 170-pound point guard from Little Elm (TX) High School has scheduled an unofficial visit to Kansas during the weekend of Late Night in the Phog. For Hampton, the No. 4 ranked player in the 2020 class, this will not be his first visit to Kansas, and likely won’t be his last.

Hampton, who made the decision to remain in the 2020 class last week, has also scheduled visits to Kentucky (Big Blue Madness) and Memphis (September 13).

In all, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, Duke, Texas and Michigan continue to make a strong push for Hampton, a five-star prospect.

I know, at least in the past, that Duke has been considered, at least in the eyes of many, as the frontrunner for Hampton. Truthfully, I’ve got no idea if Duke is the leader or not, but I do know that Kansas is a major player here.

Bill Self and his staff have invested a ton of time recruiting Hampton. He’s been on campus before, has a great relationship with the coaching staff and will be back for another visit in late September.

I hope to chat with Hampton before his visit to Kansas, but if not, certainly after his time in Lawrence following Late Night in the Phog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News