ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts Practice Thoughts: Sunday, August 11th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
You can get the feel fall camp is on the downward trend with just five practices left. For two weeks now the team has been hitting each other and we are at that point they want to start hitting someone different.

The team was in shorts today so I don't think there will be a live session. I believe on Monday they will do some live sessions but everything from here is on the slide down for fall camp.

I watched some of the special teams and Damon Greaves was getting off some booming kicks. Last year was a first for him transitioning to American football. He had some good days and bad, but I thought he got better. I haven't heard a lot about him but the ball was flying off his foot.

During drills I saw some guys moving around on the OL. Cabeldue from right to left, Brown took snaps at both. Foster got some action at guard and center. Gorczyca did some at tackle and guard. I will have some info in the next 2-3 days on some new names making moves and putting together good camps. Even though camp is about to come to an end the position battles will be ongoing. There still won't be a depth chart to see for 15 days and I think the competition could change after the depth chart comes out.

The next scrimmage isn't coming until next week because they are limited and there will still be time for movement. I believe the staff knows who the top nine OL but right now there are too many things unsettled. If you asked Agpalsa who his starting five will be and what positions along with the three swing OL in the two deep I don't think he could tell you. They are still working everyone out. In the next couple days I will give my take and prediction.

One position I am most excited back when it comes to non-starters and the future is the corners. I really like what I am seeing from Jameel Croft, Damarius McGhee, Jalon Todd, Jacoby Davis, Aundre Gibson, and Brian Dilworth. I have Croft, McGhee, and Todd among the top of the group. But you lose Mello and Cobee and anytime that happens you get concerned. But I think there will be quality players to step up. When you lose your best players the following year can be a worry. The depth and talent is there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.