ADVERTISEMENT

News and Notes Leipold comments on tweet

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
This morning Lance Leipold was on Sports Radio 810 and Steven St. John asked him about Kelly's tweet she addressed the post calling it inaccurate and saying the focus should be on Friday night.

"Isn't that amazing today? I never thought when I became a head coach or got into this, that would be the first question in a radio interview. But yeah, you know, we're at the office. We're a morning practice team, as you know, and, and somebody tells me, I tried this shows me some posts. I reach out to my wife, who is at practice, as she usually stops out, and she was at the press conference.

All of a sudden I'm asking her and she's out power washing some of the stone on the house with her father. Her parents stay with us for the first month of the season and she's not answering her phone or doing anything. It took me a while. She goes, what are you talking about? So she's kind of addressed it. It's unfortunate, you know. You know, time to move on because we got a good football team here, but we, we appreciate everything this fan base has done. We need them there on Friday night and the rest of the season. But, you know, it's, it's time to focus on football, hopefully, and we get ourselves back to that."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.