ADVERTISEMENT

News and Notes Practice observations and what I'm hearing- April 4th

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Hearing some good things have been developing on the quarterback position. First off Jalon Daniels has increased what he has been doing. He is doing more 1-on-1 and 7-on-7. Have heard he is moving around well and making longer throws. I don't think there are any restrictions on him other than being cautious and let him build up through the spring.

I saw him today take some snaps under center and roll to his right at full speed and made some nice throws.

Another development on the QB position I am getting the feel both Cole Ballard and Isaiah Marshall are making strides. Going into the spring there was the option they would make a decision based off how Daniels looks and what the back-ups look like and if there might be a need to look at a portal QB. From intel I pick up on those chances are diminishing and they will stay with what they have on the current roster.

One other positive development I have heard Shane Bumgardner is having a good spring. Heard he looked good in the scrimmage over the weekend and has picked up things well. That would be big if he can man the center position allowing for more options on the OL and a deeper guard spot.

A few visitors expected at practice today. Deuce Weston a corner from Lawndale the same school as Jalon Daniels is visiting. Josiah Hammond a DE from Oklahoma is in and Brad Fitzgibbon said he planned to visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News