ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Thoughts My Take: An anxious feeling, the timing of everything

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I know there is some excitement among fans about the possibility of another conference and what the future might hold. But I have a feeling of the unknown. It is somewhat of an anxious feeling.

I know KU has a lot to offer and will be considered one of top schools available if conferences decide to expand. But until that time there will be a lot of questions.

The other thing that I don't know what will play out is the timing of everything. How long does OU and Texas stay in the league? I don't see it being the full time. But I don't know how fast.

That is going to be a big factor.

I think the one scenario that is on solid ground that everyone can fall back on is picking up teams and moving forward with the Big 12. But someone in the college industry I just spoke with said:

"You never know what school is working behind everyone's back to leave after UT/OU," the person said. "If someone like KU or West Virginia leaves that weakens the remaining eight schools even more."

I think we will know sooner than later on Texas/OU intentions and when they will try to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News