ADVERTISEMENT

How to stop OU?

esuStorm4Hawks

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
I think for KU to not get absolutely blown out of the water against OU, the defense will have to play possibly it's best game of the year. Now if they can is a whole different subject, but was curious if anyone has watched a lot of OU games and think there is a possible achilles heel for OU.

Prior to last week, something I noticed was that if OU wasn't productive throwing the ball they struggled to put up points. Their games against the two UTs were their closest games (including a loss) and were also their two least productive passing games of the year. However, last week against Tech they passed for a similar amount to that against the two UTs. The difference against Tech was that the ground game exploded against them and they ran all over Tech, thus not needing to throw much.

So the "no sh!t Sherlock" post of the week would be to say if we can stop them from passing and running a lot we have a chance. However, I am curious what people think - would it be better to focus on limiting the passing or the running game this week instead of both?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.