ADVERTISEMENT

Good comment by George Will

viviajm

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
May 14, 2004
Liberty, MO
While discussing a progressive's approach to smaller government versus the conservative approach he made the comment: "Big government drives an upward distribution of wealth to those whose wealth, confidence, and sophistication enable them to manipulate government". This was taken from his enitorial in today's KC Star that was about Obama's thoughts on consolidating versus true downsizing. He also mentioned that history shows in most cases larger goverment has eventually led to failure of those governments. I wonder if there are any papers that break down the growth of governemnt in this country and the results in economy, life style, education etc. both good and bad. I am old enough to remember when there were many differences offered between states from einvironmental through education and social help. Back when I was in high school part of history class was knowing about the government programs during that depression that put men to work. There were at least ten questions about this on the final. What changed with the liberals between then and now? Will kids be taught that the solution for the downturns we are in now was 99 weeks unemplyment, low interest to banks, and growth of fortunes via the stock market?

Posted from the Jayhawk Slant App
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News