ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update For the first time, in a long time I can say

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I believe everything at KU is going lock-step in the same direction.

I talk to a lot of people and this is first time in a long time that I think everyone is on the same page, knows the direction, and are hand-in-hand.

I believe the culture from everything whether it is the athletic dept. or the football program are all on the same page. And there is a common goal with an understanding they are all trying to get there the same way.

I have heard the culture in the athletic dept. is as good as it has been in years. That is a testament to what Travis Goff has brought the department. But also mix in someone like Leipold who is 100% ball coach and a leader.

In the past I have heard so many stories I couldn't share, even when things looked like they were good, they might not be. Even back when football was winning under Mangino there were internal riffs and not getting along with the AD.

I don't know how things will work out with the NCAA and what that part of the future holds with the investigation but I know compliance, the AD dept, and the coaches are all working together with a very good culture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News