ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update FIVE-STAR SG TROY BROWN

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Troy Brown, the 6-foot-6, 195-pound shooting guard from Centennial High School in Las Vegas, Nev., is no stranger to the University of Kansas men's basketball program. In fact, it's safe to say that Brown, the No. 10 ranked player in the 2017 class, is as familiar with Bill Self and the program as any player in the class.

Brown, whose sister, Jada Brown, is a member of the University of Kansas women's basketball program, is preparing for her senior year in Lawrence. Not surprisingly, Troy Brown has been a regular visitor during the weekend of Late Night in the Phog, and this year will be no different.

Recently, Brown, who has scholarship offers from the likes of Arizona, Arizona State, California, Duke, Georgetown, Kansas, Louisville, N.C. State, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah and others, told JayhawkSlant.com that he plans to visit Kansas again this year for Late Night in the Phog.

Obviously, it's going to be a battle for any school recruiting Brown to land the five-star stud, but it there's absolutely no doubt that Kansas, with assistant coach Kurtis Townsend leading the way, has invested a ton of time recruiting the elite shooting guard. Truthfully, I'm not sure if there is a school recruiting Brown that has invested as much time as Kansas.

I hope to have a complete update on Brown in the very near future, but I wanted to pass along this tidbit of information right away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News