ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Guard David Castillo set to visit Kansas

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
David Castillo, the 6-foot-1 shooting guard from Bartlesville (OK) High School has scheduled an official visit to Kansas on Feb. 18. Castliio is the No. 22 ranked player in the 2024 class and a player that has been high on Kansas for a long time. I mean, Bill Self and his staff have invested a ton of time recruiting the elite combo guard. He's been on KU's campus on a number of occasions, including for a game this season. There was a time when it looked like Kansas would absolutely be the team to beat and I still believe that when all is said and done, saying no to Kansas will be difficult for Castillo.

The one thing that I love about his game is that he's a bigger/thicker guard. He's got the ability to shoot the basketball from behind the arc, without question, but can also attack the basket and finish through contact. This is absolutely the type of guard that Coach Self loves on his roster. He really is more of a combo guard and is a pretty good passer and can get his teammates involved but his size really allows him to get to the basket and make plays around the rim.

When all is said and done, Castillo is going to have a ton of options to consider when it comes to his recruitment. Recently, the elite guard visited Kansas and Kansas State. Additionally, Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Tula, UNLV, and Gonzaga have extended scholarship offers. Kansas and Kansas State are absolutely involved, and the same can be said, from what I've been told, about the Oklahoma schools.

I was talking to another guy on the network today and he brought up a good point and I think it's something to keep an eye on. Kansas is a school that offers Castillo the opportunity to play for a blue blood program and it always allows him the opportunity to play close to home. I'm not sure that another school has invested as much time recruiting Castillo as Kansas has, which could prove to be good news for Self and the Jayhawks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News