ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone want to do this?

!hawk!

All-Conference
Apr 10, 2008
This is what I emailed 09 about.

To raise the level of discourse here, I think it would be prudent to completely divorce ourselves from both the unreliable reporting of the blogosphere and the lowest common denominator, filthy propagandist, just plain retarded motion-picture tabloids of cable news. I propose we do this by establishing some loosely based legal entity (which is why I needed a lawyers advice) so that we could take advantage of the savings available for group subscriptions to some pretty thoroughly sourced and diverse political magazines and journals, which we could then use to guide our discussions on this board.

Thinking of things like:

The Economist (neoliberal/most accurate predictor of what will happen)
Foreign Affairs (from the horse's mouth takes on foreign policy developments)
Weekly Standard (conservative/highly influential on conservative policy proposals)
The Nation (liberals weekly standard)
Foreign Policy (usually follows up on The Economist's stories a month or two later with more depth)
Financial Times (best newspaper in the world)
The American Conservative (paleoconservative/gives conservative take on many ideals conflated with leftism, thoroughly challenges neocon philosophy)
American Prospect (good indicator of how DNC pr will try to adapt and play events).

Anything else you can think of, let's try to get a list going and see if we can commit to rising above this tan suit bull.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News