ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News Commitment Breakdown: QB McComb picks KU

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Quick Thoughts: Jim Zebrowski got his guy for 2025.

He researched and evaluated McComb all spring and knew this was the player he wanted. Zebrowski went to Oklahoma to watch him practice and started to build a relationship with McComb.

Shortly after that he extended him an offer. KU offered a few high name QB early and then Zebrowski really zeroed in on McComb. They started to talk a lot more and things clicked according to McComb.

I think the visit today was really a formality and just wanted his mom to see campus and meet the coaches. When he came up for the BBQ in late June his mom was not able to attend. Today was about his mom giving him the blessing after seeing the program.

Breakdown: Right now McComb is listed as a drop-back passer but that has to change. When you watch his film he keeps plays alive and has some nice runs. He played in eight games as a sophomore and had over 300 yards rushing.

He is far from just being a drop-back guy.

For a sophomore I thought he threw the ball well and one thing I liked was his field awareness. He feels pressure and knows when to move. He has deceptive speed and will get faster. He has good size at 6-foot-3 and over 200 pounds.

What this means: I will be completely honest and say I don't know what the future numbers at QB holds. I have no idea who will stay or leave and that will dictate how they handle recruiting.

But in this case Zebrowski locked down a target he has chasing for several months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News