ADVERTISEMENT

News and Notes Andrew Bolton not expected to return

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
The defensive line is about to get thinner. Jayhawk Slant has learned Andrew Bolton will not return. The move from what I understand is more from the Kansas coaches side who have been dealing with Bolton over the last several months.

It is believed Bolton has quit the team a couple of times. It sounds like Bolton has passed classes over the summer to graduate and will move on. This is likely the doing of David Beaty and the KU coaching staff who have decided it is best he moves on.

Bolton would have been slated to be at least in the two deep and was in the starting line up at times during the spring. The one drawback is it is another scholarship that is going to be vacant in 2015. Beaty inherited a tough situation and this is just another player who won’t return.

This is my take but Beaty has to clean up the program and get it back to his standards. He isn’t looking to run players off with scholarship numbers they currently have. But he also has to set the tone and let players know if you aren’t going to show up and work you won’t be around.

From what I gather Bolton had more than one chance to prove he wanted to put in the work and contribute at Kansas.

The defensive line is already thin and inexperienced. Bolton was one of the few players returning on the inside with any experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News