ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update ADEM BONA WRAPS UP KANSAS VISIT

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
This past weekend, Adem Bona, the 6-foot-10, 210-pound center from Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif., took an official visit to the University of Kansas. Bona, the No. 33 ranked player in the 2022 class, has received scholarship offers from the likes of Kansas, Arizona State, Baylor, Miami (FL), UCLA, Kentucky, USC, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Houston, Illinois, LSU, Marquette, Mississippi State, Utah, Washington, BYU, Creighton, Missouri, Notre Dame, and others.

Following his official visit to Kansas, Bona, the No. 6 ranked center in the 2022 class, caught up with JayhawkSlant.com to provide the latest update on his visit and where his recruitment stands. Now, I'm still in the process of gathering additional information, and I'll post some additional information at the bottom of this post but here's what I've got for now.

"I had a great visit to Kansas," said Adem Bona. "It was my first time ever visiting a college and it was awesome. I had the chance to meet the whole coaching staff and the culture at Kansas is like one-of-a-kind. I also had the chance to see and feel the history at Kansas. And the family atmosphere they have built at Kansas is really great. In general, I had a great visit. Rock Chalk!

"I'm not sure if Coach Self is coming back down to see me again, but I think he plans to come down a visit again," he added. "I'm just not sure when. I still have two more visits. I'm going to visit Kentucky and UCLA."

So, here's where things get interesting. Bona had originally planned to visit Kentucky late last month, but that visit never took place. From what I've gathered, Dereck Lively is the top big man on UK's recruiting board, but it appears, at least at this time, that Duke appears to have much of the momentum. Coach Calipari and his staff plan to visit Bona tonight and Lively is expected to announce tomorrow. I'm guessing you all can get a feel for where things appear to be headed with Bona.

However, Bona told me that he is going to take visits to UCLA and Kentucky, so that looks to be the plan for now. I've also talked to a few people that indicated that Lively and Bona wouldn't play together, which is why UK made such a strong push for Lively, but with the No. 3 ranked player in the class leaning to Duke (at least that appears to be the case), Bona will likely get the full-court press from Kentucky.

It will be interesting to see if Bona jumps at the opportunity to play for Coach Cal and Kentucky or if he decides to look elsewhere after UK clearly favored Lively for much of the process.

I've made a few calls and hope to have some additional information. However, for the time being, I've posted everything that I know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News