ADVERTISEMENT

5 spot

KUhawks34

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Really looking forward to the development of this position. I mean this with all due respect but I have no expectations for Cam Martin. I’d be happy for him to prove me wrong.

I think we are in great hands with Clemence and Udeh. Both are vastly different players and should prove to be a really good rotation duo overtime.

Clemence is a much better shooter than he showed last year and should give us an element we’ve rarely had at the 5 position. He showed really good touch in the paint and showed he can be more than just a shooter. Of course he needs to add bulk and be better defensively. I think the scoring potential with him is incredible. He definitely will take some time to learn how to defend the 5 without fouling.

Udeh will be a fantastic backup and a change of pace. I think he surprisingly catches on relatively quickly on the defensive end. I don’t expect much except good defense, rebounding, put backs and catching lobs.

Both will have their strengths and weakness but overall I feel really good about our potential at the 5 position. There will be some major development from the two throughout the season.

I see this eventually being a position of strength. Shooting is my biggest concern next year and that certainly becomes less of a problem if Zach becomes a reliable shooter. Him shooting obviously helps but it also forces teams to guard him and open the paint to allow drives and Wilson to go to work. Wilson is another guy who should be able to improve his shooting to a more respectable level.

Reactions: kanzan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News