ADVERTISEMENT

2018 KUFB Media Days participants and potential captains

jolebo

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2015
I've been waiting for the Media Days to come, for it means that football is almost unofficially around the corner. With that in mind, I looked back to see if there was any correlation between the seasons and the notable players under HCDB.

2015: 0-12; some nice moments, but consistent losing & untimely injuries
  • Players taken to Media Days: Goodman, Johnson, Shelley-Smith (1 Sr., 1 Jr., 1 So.)
  • Captains: Cozart, Goodman, Smithson, ST rotation (1 Sr., 1 Jr., 1 So.)
2016: 2-10; continued consistent losing/injuries, but a lucky moment
  • Players taken to Media Days: Cozart, Dineen, Smithson (1 Sr., 2 Jr.)
  • Captains: Cozart, Dineen, Smithson (1 Sr., 2 Jr.)
2017: 1-11; humbling loss of 2016 leadership we had, & continued losing/injuries
  • Players taken to Media Days: Adeniji, Armstrong, Dineen, Wise (3 Jr., 1 So.)
  • Captains: Armstrong, Booker, Dineen, Evans, Wise (1 Sr., 4 Jr.)
2018: TBD
  • Players taken to Media Days: Dineen, Herbert, Sims, Wise (3 Sr., 1 Jr.)
  • Captains: TBD
Hindsight, for every season, KU Football was missing that quality leadership, amongst the players, and/or the players with leadership qualities were young and mature enough to handle being a leader. Another thing I noticed about the "player representatives" above, the defensive players had a more positive impact than the offensive players, every year. It is not saying much, considering the production for each unit, but it is a fact that the defense has been the unit to keep the team somewhat relevant these past three seasons.

The most glaring thing that caught my eye was who attended Media Days. We have had 2 Seniors, 6 Juniors, and 2 Sophomore players to attend with Beaty, with 2 players (Cozart/Dineen) going back to back years. The fact that we had the same number of Sr. and So. representatives is not the best. Soon enough, we will know who is attending Media Days, and we will get some substantial word from the players and Coach Beaty. They ain't getting interview questions from just the local media; some nice national names should be around, with some equally interesting articles from the national people. This will be the best chance for KU Football to put together their best presentation. Let's see how next Monday goes for us, along with the season.

Edit at 7:08 pm: Just added in the Media Day players to the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarmacGuy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News