ADVERTISEMENT

Foster Pavilion - My thoughts

begley9

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2010
Curious about others and how they felt about it. Went down to Waco yesterday on a whim to catch the game as it's only an hour and a half drive. Hadn't been down there in quite some time so I was excited to see their new arena. There were some good elements but also so many bad ones as well. I really hope we do better with the football stadium.

I know it's not 100 percent finished but the interior felt cheap. AFH lower concourses are far nicer and Foster has very little space which was weird considering it was a blank slate for them. The crazy part is that there is only one level with bathrooms and concessions. The line for the bathroom that had FOUR urinals was about 50 - 75 strong. Was talking with a Baylor guy next to me that is an architect and he said the building makes him cringe in a bunch of areas. We agreed we liked the stands and such but outside of that, not that impressive.

In regards to the atmosphere inside, it gets very loud... nothing like the speakers though. It was like being at a club but with zero alcohol. The sound from the crowd was great so I didn't understand the need for so much music. The atmosphere did feel a bit contrived. They seem to think the NBA style entertainment is the way to go. The announcer was a bit much too. Just felt completely opposite of Allen and in most ways, not good. I think the only thing they have on it will be subjective in how steep the stands are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News