ADVERTISEMENT

You aren’t being fair to yourself if in year one

kuDan

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2017
You are fixated on the scoreboard.

I’m reading that this was another TCU kind of dud. Did we watch the same game yesterday?

KU had two chances with four minutes left to make it a 14-10 game at half. The offense didn’t come through but the defense stepped up several times. KU defended the run much better in the second quarter and gave the team a chance.

I’m tipping my cap to Skylar Thompson. KU had him within arm’s reach on several third downs yesterday and the kid made plays.

KSU held all game long. KU didn’t get bailed out by penalties, the penalties were deserved. I don’t hear anybody talking about how down 21, KU was driving to make it a two score game when a costly offensive PI on Charlot turned a converted 2nd and 3 into a 2nd and 18. The crowd was waiting all game long for a reason to cut loose but it just didn’t happen. That could’ve changed things.

Comparing this to the Gill efforts against KSU is ludicrous. KSU had a canyon-wide advantage on both lines and they were able to dictate how the game was played. Are you telling me Carter Stanley didn’t want to win this game?

LM was brash on the Miles To Go, but he’s doing his best to change a culture. I think it’s a little greedy of us in year one to expect 3 straight solid performances.

The season isn’t over but in reading this board, I wouldn’t know it unless I looked at our schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News