ADVERTISEMENT

You all can bitch and moan about Beaty and Bowen, but

marc60

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2005
Topeka, KS
This one is on Meacham. No one.thought we would shut out Tech so needed to stay with them offensively. 1st two drives move the ball and then blow 4th down plays. Herbert is 5 carries/5 yards, so tried Martin a few times and then makes the entire running game the rest of the first half Carter Stanley. I have never claimed to be the football knowledge guy bit even I figured out that if Stanley is in, we are running the ball and 90% of the time he will be the runner. If I can get that, so can a highly paid Big XII DC. And then that leads to the back and forth with Bender and Stanley, which was ridiculous. Finally, Bender was off today. Missed a wide open Johnson for 6 and then missed Sims in the flat for a first down. At some point give Stanley a chance. It finally took missing 2 wide open guys in the end zone before half to get Stanley an opportunity. Meacham was to have been the savior and while our offense has generally performed better than last year, I am not sold on his decision making.

Reactions: rhawker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News