ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update With the portal set to close, what's next for Bill Self and Kansas?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Well,

The portal is set to close on Wednesday and, as of right now, Kansas doesn't currently have any scholarships to offer. You've got the seven returning players, the four transfer portal additions, and then Flory Budinga and Rakease Passmore from the HS ranks. Obviously, It would appear that Riley Kugel and Johnny Furphy (testing) will both have decisions to make at some point. I know that Kugel has been reposting and tweeting everything Kansas-related, so it would appear he still wants to attend Kansas, as he's still committed.

However, if a spot does open up, or whatever the case might be, keep an eye on Jaxson Robinson, the 6-foot-7, 190-pound guard from BYU. This past season, Robinson averaged 13.9. points, 2.5 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game. Offensively, Robinson shot 43.0 percent from the field, 34.8 percent from behind the arc, and 89.5 percent from the free-throw line.

From what I've been told, it doesn't sound like anything is going to happen soon and I'm not even sure where things stand right now, but it's something to watch moving forward. My guess is Kansas will take its time in this process, and the staff doesn't currently have any scholarships to offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News