ADVERTISEMENT

With 48 hours remove....

hawkinmichigan

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
A few thoughts with 48 hours of time since the game:

- Baylor has some pretty decent players on that team. We should have played them closer, but the result isn't a total shocker.

- Considering how we were getting worked to start the game, I was really pleased that we stopped the bleeding in the third and fourth quarter. Especially that we figured out a way to stop Brewer on the run, where he was kicking our ass in the first half. It would have been nice to see all game, but in years past we wouldn't have seen it at all. I'll take the improvements where we can find them.

- Dom and Herbert getting two carries each makes absolutely no sense. These are really good backs. We need to find ways to get them the ball, too. Period.

- It was nice that Sims led us in receiving, but he has been a real disappointment this season. Same with Fairs, who really needs to take advantage of his opportunities (his drop on the long ball in the first half was a killer). I don't know why our receivers aren't doing more than they are--they seem to have the physical talent, but something is missing.

- A reminder that going into the season, most expected us to be 2-1 coming out of the noncon, and said that they would be satisfied if we won a game or two in the Big 12 and kept the other games competitive into the fourth quarter. We went 2-1 in the noncon and kept our first Big 12 game competitive into the fourth quarter. So, while I understand the instinct to abandon ship after a disappointing game, remember what your initial expectations were and don't go straying too far from them just because we kicked ass for two weeks. There are always ups and downs in a season. We could still win a game or two in the Big 12. And then most people's expectations would be satisfied.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News