ADVERTISEMENT

Will Thengvall set to walk-on at Kansas; What's next?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Will Thengvall, the 6-foot-4, 185-pound shooting guard from Kapaun Mt. Carmel in Wichita, Kan., has decided to walk-on a Kansas next season. During his senior year, Thengvall, in leading Kapaun to the Class 5A state championship and Class 5A player of the year, averaged 17.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. This entire process started when Thengvall first mentioned the idea of playing at Kansas to his high school Coach Steve Eck and his AAU coach, LJ Goolsby.

Coach Self eventually called Thengvall a couple of weeks ago and walked him through what the process would be like. Coaach told WIll to sleep on it for a day or two, but the decision had already been made. WIll make his way to Kansas for a visit yesterday, talked to Coach Self and other members of the staff, and couldn't have been any happier with his decision. Will told me that he grew up in Wichita and really became big Kansas fan during his freshman year.

WIll also said that he's got a twin brother that is committed to the track team at Kansas. When talking about his game, WIll said that he's a shooter and loves to get up and down the court in transition.

Now that Will Thengvall has decided to walk-on at Kansas, my guess is Noah Shelby will be the next to announce, I know that he recently took an unofficial visit to Kansas and no other visits took place, at least that I'm aware of. I kind o f expect some type of announcement this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News