WHY MARCUS ADAMS, JR., IS MOVING TO THE 2023 CLASS; PORTAL NOTE

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

Marcus Adams, Jr., has officially been moved to the 2023 class by Rivals.com. The 6-foot-8, 205-pound small forward from Narbonne High School in Harbor City, Calif., will remain a four-star prospect, but won't be added to the 2023 rankings until the next update.

When Adams, Jr., ultimately made the decision to make the move to the 2023 class, here's the reason why he decided to do so.

“I wanted to always play college ball got the chance to play it sooner and took that chance and it’s at Kansas 🙏🏼”

After talking to other people, I think Marcus Adams, Jr., has a chance to be a really good player, but I just don't know when that will happen. Making the move from high school hoops to big-time college basketball is hard enough, but doing so a year earlier than expected is a huge undertaking. Just look back at this season and Gradey Dick, MJ Rice, and Ernest Udeh, Jr., will all McDonalds All-Americans, and all were expected to play major roles.

I don't know if you all remember or not, but before the season started, Bill Self said it would be either Dick or Rice that would start, while the other would play big minutes. Dick started all season long and Rice played very few minutes. I understand that he had some setbacks along the way, but earning minutes as a freshman is tough. I'm interested to see how Adams, Jr., responds when he first arrives on campus.

-- As far as the portal goes, and I know many of you have asked me, I've got no idea what to expect next. For whatever reason, I have a feeling that Kyle Cuffe/MJ Rice could be next, but I don't know for sure. I know some people that I have talked to expect Rice to leave for sure, but I'm not sure I feel that way. Maybe I'm just nieve and don't see the writing on the wall that others see. Hell, maybe Zach Clemence will be next, but he grew-up loving Kansas, and playing for the Jayhawks was always a dream. Still, with his style of play, I'm not sure where he fits.

As far as who is next, I've got no idea. Cuffe, Jr., might make the most sense, but trying to read the mind of a teenager is no easy task.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News