ADVERTISEMENT

What's the strategy this week?

Hawkfan

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2001
Kansas City, MO
I think I'd be blitzing the crap out of Avery and trying to hit him darn near every play. I'd leave our corners on an island a decent amount to free up blitzers and then hopefully Avery will put a few balls up for grabs. No way am I sitting back all day and letting him pick us apart or eventually scramble for 300 yards when our 4 man rush doesn't get to him. I'm definitely going to force him to make quick decisions and hopefully he'll make a mistake or two or take some inopportune sacks. I'm definitely expecting the line to get their hands up and hopefully deflect or tip some passes and then bringing different blitzers so we can slip some backers into some hot read areas. Need to try to disguise some coverages and confuse Avery. Really wanna force the issue and hopefully Avery makes a couple bad decisions and Cobee or Mello can jump a route. Really think we need to force 3 turnovers this week. Finally, found it interesting that Avery had 0 carries last week. Not sure if they're worried about his health or trying to lull us into thinking they won't run him this week. I was talking to a KSU fan and he thought not running Avery really hurt the effectiveness of Giddens (3.2 ypc and only 2.3 ypc if you take out his long run of the day).

On offense, obviously pounding the rock and probably taking shots any time I can get Arnold or Skinner in single coverage down the field and would like to get Wilson deep down the field too. Gotta think we can hurt K-State through the air and hopefully Jalon can have some timely scrambles that are back breakers. Fourth and short we need to be aggressive. If we're going to lose, let's lose being aggressive. Would like the staff to pull out all the stops to try to end this stupid streak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.