ADVERTISEMENT

What we can still do. An optimists guide to coping with 2024’s season.

JustMax93

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2021
Alright so we aren’t CFP bound or Big 12 title worthy and other than Devin Neal and Grimm we have no players probably worthy of All B12.

We are 1-4 with 7 games left. We must win 5 of those to be bowl eligible.

I’ll take 6-6 at this point. A bowl for 3 straight years is a huge accomplishment for this program and even tho it’s a horrible record to what we expected, it’s a step in the right direction. It is positive progress. We still have a lot to play for. We can beat: Houston, Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado. So we need to sneak a win against BYU, KState, or ISU.

Every game, even tho it absolutely has been awful, has been close. There is a fair argument to be made that we should literally be undefeated. We are better than every team we have lost to. There is reason to hope and believe we can tweak some things to win football games consistently. We aren’t there yet.

Firing Grimes or Borland or promoting Z to playcaller or benching JD, etc are all changes that probably won’t be made but should be made. But if they aren’t being made, I guess we have no choice but to give them time to figure it out.

We lose next week, season is done, undoubtedly. But right now there is still plenty to play for this season. Who would’ve taken 6-6 with a win over KState this year? Who would’ve taken 7-5 with a win over ranked BYU and ISU/KSU this year? I would’ve bet for far more based on my expectations but if I was given the choice of guaranteed bowl and a win over a rival or roll the dice and hope for CFP with no guarantee the season won’t blow up in our faces I would have taken the bowl. Because 3 straight means a ton.

If we go 6-6 and find a way to beat KState I am a happy man with the season. Send JD off and bring in new blood and we get a new stadium and we keep moving forward.

Genuinely being optimistic is all I can do and all I’ve known as a KU fan so I can’t stop now. I believed Turner, Weis, Beaty, Les would all do great things eventually even after terrible seasons. I cannot help myself.

Lance is a great coach. It’s a rough year. But he’s given us more reason to believe than anyone in 15 years. I’m pissed too… but we have a lot to play for.

Have a great week guys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.