ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update WHAT I'M HEARING ON KU'S ROSTER AND JOHNNY FURPHY

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
As most of you know, when Marcus Adams, Jr., decided to transfer out of Kansas last week, he has since committed to Gonzaga, another roster spot opened up for Bill Self and the University of Kansas men's basketball team. A week, or possibly a little longer, before Adams, Jr., decided to transfer, Kansas extended a scholarship offer to Johnny Furphy, the 6-foot-7, 180-pound small forward from Australia. Currently, Furphy is a member of the 2024 class, but it has been reported that he plans to make the move to the 2023 class. While nothing has been decided yet, Kansas, from what I've been told, would very much like to add Furphy to the 2023 class.

While there has been some speculation that Furphy could potentially visit Kansas before the team leaves for Puerto Rico at the beginning of the month, I've been told that no visits will take place before the team leaves. Whether it be Furphy or another player that hasn't been mentioned yet, I don't expect any visits to take place. Obviously, if that changes, I'll let you all know. However, I was just told not to expect Furphy to visit before KU heads to Puerto Rico.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News