ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Now that Hunter Dickinson, Arterio Morris, and Nicolas Timberlake are on board, Bill Self has absolutely hit a grand slam in the transfer portal. During the postseason banquet, Self said that he planned to live in the portal, and that was clearly the case. As good as KU's class is at this time, I don't think the staff is done at all. Right now, I'm thinking that Jaylon Tyson is out of the picture. Now, that can always change. I just have a feeling that both have decided to look elsewhere.

I've heard a few people mention Ron Holland, but I just don't see that happening. I've heard Arkansas and the G-League mentioned the most.

The next domino that could likely fall is Mackenzie Mgbako, the 6-foot-8, 195-pound small forward from Roselle (NJ) Catholic HS. Before his visit to Kansas earlier in the week, I had heard that Kansas was very much trending in the right direction for the No. 8 ranked player in the class, and could very well be the team to beat. He's got a couple of visits scheduled and I'll be interested to see if those visits take place. Right now, I think Mgbako, with Dickinson on board, is the top priority.

Also, and I hate to speculate but don't be surprised if a player or two from the current roster decides to take a step back and possibly look elsewhere. If both Dickinson and Mgbako both commit, they are both going to play a lot of minutes. If that's the case, a player or two likely won't be happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News